February 23, 2021
Please note that, the Website may include links to other organizations’ websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of WhiteCrow. You may visit these websites at your risk as WhiteCrow shall not be responsible for your PII shared and/or submitted to these websites upon your visit, as the same will be governed by their respective privacy policies. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
The Information WhiteCrow / Website Collects and Stores
PII You Voluntarily Provide. WhiteCrow / Website will collect PII when you voluntarily provide it to Us. For example, WhiteCrow / Website collects PII when you request information about Our services, sign-up to marketing communications, complete surveys, or sign up for a WhiteCrow event or webinar. WhiteCrow / Website may also collect PII from you offline, such as when you attend one of Our events, or during telephonic conversations with Our sales representatives. The PII WhiteCrow / Website collect may include contact information (such as your name, address, telephone number or email address), professional/business information and contact preferences. WhiteCrow / Website also collects information you choose to provide when requesting information or completing any of Our forms or the nature of your request or communication.
Log Data. When you use the Website, WhiteCrow through the Website automatically record/collect information from your device, its software and your activity on the Website (“Log Data”). This may include the device’s: (i) Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, (ii) browser type, (iii) the web page visited prior to the Website, (iv) information you search for on the Website, (v) locale preferences, (vi) identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, (vii) system configuration information, (viii) metadata concerning your files, and (ix) other interactions with the Website. We may use your IP address to identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing the Website.
- Location Data. WhiteCrow through the Website may collect geo-location and proximity of your device if location services are enabled on your device and may use that information to customize the Interactions with location-based information and features.
- WhiteCrow / Website collects data you have made manifestly public and such data which is available on public platform is viewed and grabbed by the Website for necessary and reasonable use.
Third Party Sources of Information
WhiteCrow / Website collects information about you from the following third-party sources:
- Third Party Services. You may choose to register at events sponsored by Our partners/group, where We will share your information with Our marketing partners. To engage in marketing activities, WhiteCrow / Website may collect PII disclosed by you on the Website, blogs and other services or platforms to which you are able to post information and materials (including third party services and social media platforms). WhiteCrow / Website process such information to better understand you, to maintain and improve the accuracy of the information WhiteCrow / Website collects and stores about you, with an intent to better promote or optimize Our Interactions with you, including providing information about Our service provided on the Website.
How WhiteCrow / Website Uses Information
Your PII may be used for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer service. WhiteCrow / Website processes your PII when you contact Us, such as with questions, concerns, feedback or issues. Without your PII, WhiteCrow / Website cannot respond to you or ensure your continued use of the Website.
- WhiteCrow / Website may use your PII to provide you with the online services, to facilitate your use of the Website, to improve quality, to evaluate page response rates and determine content.
WhiteCrow / Website may use the PII it receives from you or third parties to better understand you and/or maintain and improve the accuracy of the records WhiteCrow / Website holds about you.
- WhiteCrow / Website may use information obtained from you, your Interactions with WhiteCrow and the Website, and from third party sources to: (i) provide you with marketing and promotional communications, (ii) deliver targeted and relevant advertising and marketing, (iii) determine the effectiveness of Our marketing and promotional campaigns, (iv) to better understand you and your preferences, and (v) position and promote the Website. Our marketing will be conducted in accordance with your advertising / marketing preferences and as permitted by applicable law.
- WhiteCrow / Website may use or access your PII for the purposes of quality control related to the Website and staff training.
- WhiteCrow / Website may use PII to communicate with you about Our events or Our partner/group events. After the event, WhiteCrow may contact you about the event and related products and services, and may share information about your attendance with your company and our conference sponsors and partners, where legally permitted to do so. If a partner or conference sponsor directly requests your PII at their conference booths/centres or presentations, your PII will be handled in accordance with their privacy practices. WhiteCrow shall not be responsible for your PII shared in such event. We recommend you to review the privacy practices of such partners and sponsors.
- WhiteCrow / Website may use PII and other information disclosed by you on any public forums which will be treated as public information and may therefore appear in public ways, such as through search engines or other publicly available platforms, and may be searched by third parties. It could also be read, collected or used by other users to send you unsolicited messages. Please do not post any information that you do not want to reveal to the public at large. WhiteCrow does not hold any liability or responsibility for the information published on the public platform, which is provided and/or posted by you.
- WhiteCrow / Website may use your PII when it is necessary for other legitimate purposes such as protecting WhiteCrow’s confidential and proprietary information.
If, in the future, We use your PII in any way that is not described in this Website Data Privacy, We will disclose this to you, by posting the same on the Website. At that time, you may opt-out from permitting WhiteCrow / Website to use your PII for any purpose that is inconsistent with the purposes for which WhiteCrow / Website originally collected it.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
WhiteCrow / Website discloses your PII to those who really need access to perform their tasks and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. WhiteCrow / Website may share PII with third parties in the following situations:
Service Providers, Business Partners and Others: We use certain trusted third-party companies and individuals to help Us provide, analyze, and improve the services on the Website, basis your feedback.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests and Protection of WhiteCrow's rights: WhiteCrow / Website may disclose your PII to third parties when We have a good faith and belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with a law, regulation or legal requests including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent any fraud or abuse of WhiteCrow / Website or its user, or (d) protect WhiteCrow’s property rights.
- Business Transfers: If We are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of Our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that transaction, but We will notify you by posting on the Website of any change in control or use of your PII.
WhiteCrow / Website may disclose information when We believe it is necessary to protect the vital interests of any person.
Opt Out and Choice
If you sign up to receive marketing or informational announcements from WhiteCrow through the Website, such emails will include the capability to opt-out of receiving such emails in the future. Marketing and informational announcements include any communications to you that are only based on advertising or promoting products and services.
- WhiteCrow / Website may have legitimately collected your PII, without your express knowledge by reusing or sourcing them from third parties or by using PII which you have made manifestly public. You may contact WhiteCrow / Website in the event you wish to opt out of or do not want to consent WhiteCrow to use or collect your publicly available PII. Further, if you require any advanced information pertaining to the collection in such a manner, you may contact WhiteCrow / Website at:
Privacy inquiries: email@example.com
Security inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of PII
If you interact with Us or provide your PII to WhiteCrow / Website, your PII may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located. Such countries or jurisdictions may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you do not want your PII transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use the Website.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom or Switzerland, We comply with applicable laws to provide an adequate level of data protection for the transfer of your PII to India.
Where applicable law requires Us to ensure that an international data transfer is governed by a data transfer mechanism, We use one or more of the following mechanisms: EU Standard Contractual Clauses with a data recipient outside the EEA or verification that the recipient has implemented Binding Corporate Rules.
The security of Your PII is important to Us. WhiteCrow through the Website employs appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security that is appropriate for Our Interactions with you. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the PII submitted to WhiteCrow / Website, both during transmission and when received. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% (one hundred per cent) secure. Therefore, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Website, you can contact us at: email@example.com.
Accessing or Updating Your Personal Data
If you would like to correct or update the PII you provided to WhiteCrow / Website in relation to our Interactions with you, you can contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use responsible efforts to respond to your inquiry as soon as practicable. When updating your PII, WhiteCrow through the Website may ask you to verify your identity before We can act on your requests.
- WhiteCrow through the Website may retain and use your PII as necessary to comply with Our legal obligations. Consistent with these requirements, WhiteCrow / Website will try to delete your PII within the time limits imposed by the applicable laws, if any, or upon request.
- WhiteCrow through the Website stores PII used for marketing purposes or otherwise, reasonably or as per its internal policy. In case you choose the option to opt-out as stated in Section 5, above, We respect your request.
- WhiteCrow through the Website retains any information collected via Cookies and other technical or analytics tools, only as long as it is necessary to implement, administer and manage the information reasonably or as per internal policy or, as required to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
- As required by applicable law, We will inform you, in the event a call will be recorded, before doing so. Any telephone calls with you may be kept for a period of up to 5 (five) years.
We do not use the services/software on the Website to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 18 (eighteen) years. We request that such individuals do not provide PII through the Website. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided WhiteCrow / Website with information without their consent, he or she should promptly contact WhiteCrow and WhiteCrow / Website will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is deleted from WhiteCrow’s / Website’s records.
California Privacy Rights
A business subject to California Civil Code [section 1798.83] is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed ‘Personal Data’ information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of ‘Personal Data’ disclosed, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.